The Actors map represents the relationship between stakeholders. It’s a view of the service/ system and its context.
1. Arrange a room where you can focus and work for a couple of hours.
2. List down the core stakeholders on a big sheet of paper.
3. List down the sub groups of stakeholders.
4. Connect the stakeholders to each other and describe how they relate to each other.
5. Write down the specifics of the relationships between the stakeholders, how, where and why do they communicate?
6. Document the end result.
At the beginning of a project to understand relationships between the different parties.
Understanding relationships is an important aspect of (service) design.
Stakeholders aren’t only employees or companies, a family member can also be a stakeholder.
A map of all the stakeholders and their relationship with each other.
Analyze the map and identify areas where there is room for improvement.
MORELLI, Nicola; TOLLESTRUP, Christian. New representation techniques for designing in a systemic perspective. Nordes, 2009, 2./ (Nicola Morelli, New representation techniques for designing in a systemic perspective, paper presented at Design Inquires, Stockholm.)/